View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2011, 08:29 PM
First Mate

Default Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
So, the reason your wife is disappointed, is they did not live up to the time frame,and being mailed to NY, instead your home..so I would ask you this now.

Does she love the ring?
Did you get a good price?
Is going through all that will come, worth the time, effort and aggravation?
The $100.00 sure sweetens the pot, for a small bauble the next time.

If she answers yes to all the above, I say let her enjoy the ring, and forget about it Just my 2 cents now, after all has been said and done.
I thought the ring was still in transit somewhere or she refused to accept otherwise one cannot cancel the purchase via the CC folks.
Sure, if all the womanly logic prevails , emotions aside , then enjoy but if the ring is still in transit, will the US Customs via US Postal want to charge as their trip is over and I assume a declaration was made.
In Canada, you would have to declare to void the potential charge if it is a ring vs. a rock.

ps" Trip, I miss Boston,,, was a great city to see when we visited my daughter fora week prior to a cruise and we even experienced the price of an unscheduled overnight stay in Brigham and Womans Hospital
Web site: http://robbarcruises.wordpress.com/

Last edited by robh; March 5th, 2011 at 08:36 PM.