View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

You know you're really getting old when your "Saturday Date Night" consists of: Dinner at 4:30 p.m., home at 7 and you are asleep at 8. We had 6:30 p.m. dinner reservations at a very nice steakhouse and knew we would overeat so we ate a very light breakfast and no lunch. By 3:00 p.m. we were starving but knew that if we ate we'd blow our chance to "pig out" so I called and moved the reservation to their opening time of 4:30.

When we got there we were ravenous. We ordered the scallop and bacon appetizer, wedge salad, hash brows, mushrooms and then for the main courses, a 16 oz. lobster tail, bone-in New York and a ribeye. Sadly, Betty's New York was terribly over seasoned and it had to go back. They were very generous because of the mistake. They fired another steak and took the charge off the bill. Heck, they figured these two have already bought enough for the next three tables, why not.

BTW: We did order dessert but we did have doggie bags. This doggie is having steak for lunch.

Todd: If my neighbors saw some of the stuff I've done after "flopping out" they'd have called me in a long time ago. Losing a day ain't nothing and I think you have a valid reason for doing so.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and that this upcoming week is the best you've ever had!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me