View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise_mom View Post
We are taking our first cruise a western Carribean from New Orleans in September. Carnival and our travel agent say we only need birth cert. and pic ID's, but everyone I have talked to that has taken a cruise says we should get the passports. There are 5 of us traveling and I don't know if we will ever have occasion to use them again, so what do you experts think, should we bite the bullet and spend the $$$$ for 5 passports or just use what we have? Thanks for any advice.
Carnival, your travel agent and your friends are all correct. You do not need a passport for this cruise. Your birth certificate and picture ID are all that is required.

However, if you must return, by air or sea, from a foreign port during the cruise you will need the passport. If you are going to travel anywhere outside the U.S. it really is worth the money to get the passport.

I would get the passport. If you don't do it for this cruise perhaps you can get one or two at a time. A U.S. passport is good for 10 years and if you travel again you won't have any issues and you can take just about any cruise or vacation you want.

Take care,
Mike

Upcoming Cruise(s) Carnival Liberty: May 31, 2014. The Anniversary Getaway.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me