View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGNAIC View Post
very much off topic, but seeing that you have cruise so many times with children, I would like to ask you. My hubby and I are wanting to take our kids on a cruise next year, they will be 3 and 4, we are also looking at carnival. do you think it will be hard to cruise with them at that age or is it okay..thanks-K
Sorry it took so long to answer....we were on the Glory on the Blogger's Cruise.

We started cruising with our 2 boys when they were 5 and 8 and we have always been pleased with the care they received.

Our youngest son has Autism, so I am OCD overprotective.

At the age of 3 and 4, they will be in the same age group at Camp Carnival.

Do be aware that Camp Carnival is not open on Embarkation Day (except for the 10PM-3AM babysitting for a fee of $6 per hour for the first child and $4 an hour for additional children),

The Camp Carnival that is included in your cruise fare starts at 9AM the next morning and continues until 10PM. Again, all for free.

A typical Sea Day for us was up around 8AM for breakfast. The boys would go to Camp Carnival from 9AM - noon. I would pick them up for lunch and some swimming until around 2PM. At 2pm, it was back to Camp Carnival until 5pm. I would pick them up for dinner. They always ate dinner with us....although I understand that Camp Carnival will feed them dinner so that parents can have a nice meal alone. I know they do this on Formal Night.

After dinner, they would go back to Camp Carnival from 7 - 10pm. Sometimes we took advantage of the 10pm-3am babysitting for a fee...sometimes we did not.

On Port days....we would have breakfast and do an excursion as a family.
We would be back on the ship around 1 or 2 ... have lunch ....swim and then they would do Camp Carnival that night from 7pm - 10 pm. However, I know lots of parents that do excrusions without the kids since Camp Carnival is open while the ship is in port.

IF you do an excursion without the kids, I would recommend that you ONLY do a ship excursion. That way the ship is in contact with you at all times.

Both of our boys LOVED Camp Carnival. They would pitch a fit when they had to leave.

Do be prepared for a little bit of a wait to check in and get on the ship on Embarkation Day. I would suggest arriving about 1:30pm to avoid the crowds if you don't have a suite .... ( a suite gives you VIP Check In).

Hope that helps....

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND