Thread: Be generous
View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Captain

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2cruiz View Post
But you are not charged the gratuities BEFORE you step foot onboard (unless you opted to pre pay the gratuities and that would have been your decision to PAY IN ADVANCE !), in fact the actual charge is not hitting your c.card until the final night of the cruise. You can prepay the gratuities in advance if you like, or prepay some OBC in advance as well, but I certainly do not want to give the cruiseline anymore $$ in advance then I need to ! :o You paid for the cruise BEFORE stepping foot onboard -not- the gratuities .... and that is by far, more $$ out of your pocket up front ! :-x
I understand what you are saying my view is that we did not put our cruise on a credit card it was paid for in cash .We feel it is more relaxing to go on the cruise and have it already paid If I would of known that you could put money on your OBC I would of done that. And we do not use credit cards we have 2 for emergencys but if we want to take a trip or buy something(besides a car or our house of course) we just save up the money.And just because they dont take the money for the tips until the end of the cruise you are still stepping on board with a bill even if it is due at the end of the cruise its still a bill. We will not be using a CC for our on board account. we will put money in a checking account and use a debit card