View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Isn't it amazing how quickly information passes from one to another??
From John's blog...

While we will not be taking your passports onboard or require you to go through customs and immigration it is still possible to get your passport stamped in many of the ports of call. The places you will visit with the exception of Dubrovnik, Croatia, are all part of the European Union and thus have open borders. However, if you take your passport to the local post offices in Naples, Venice, Cannes and Florence or Livorno they will stamp them for you. I have not heard of anyone being able to do this though in the Vatican. I don’t think that is possible as they don’t have an official crossing area just a ring of different coloured pavement marking the boundaries.

You will need to take your passport ashore in Croatia as everyone needs to have their proof of citizenship with them when they proceed ashore and if you ask the inspectors they will stamp the passport for you.
I hope this helps and if you have any questions about these ports and what to do there please let me know. See you soon and thanks again for those kind words.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator