View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainlakesdrive View Post
For several days in late February, Carnival opened bookings on what is commonly thought to be the first leg of the repositioning cruise to Sydney; then they stopped taking bookings. Last Friday they reopened bookings for the 12-night Vancouver to Honolulu Spirit cruise sailing from Sydney on September 18, 2012. We booked through our TA that day on an Early Saver fare that is quite reasonable, and we're waiting for the Honolulu to Sydney cruise to open for bookings, but that may not be until at least April 15. One of the district sales managers has told our TA today that the Honolulu-Sydney cruise will first be marketed to Australians. I also tried Carnival Australia's website, but the personalized reply I got was that if we want to book, we must do so through Carnival in the U.S. If you're on Facebook and want to check, there is a group of folks who have their own Facebook page: Van-Honolulu-Oz 2012
If I learn more, I'll post here again. GOOD LUCK!
P.S. The port of Sydney's website shows Spirit arriving for the first time on October 17, 2012.