Thread: Customs
View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2011, 08:05 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevblev View Post
Im leaving out of the port of Tampa for the first time and was inquiring about the customs process getting on to the boat. I have salied out of other ports and was curious of any tips anyone has for getting through customs faster.
You will go through "Customs" when you return from your cruise. When you leave you are just asked for your passport, or other documentation, when you check in.

When you return for your cruise you will be given a "Customs Declaration Form" that you will need to declare what you purchased and what the cost was.

You "may" also go through "Immigration" where they check your passport or other documentation before you can leave the terminal. I am not familiar with the process for Tampa but it is similar in most cruise ports.

The main things to remember is to have your Customs Declaration filled out and easily accessible when you disembark. Also: A passport will make the immigration process much easier. A birth certificate and driver's license may slow down the amount of time you spend at the Immigration booth.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me