View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2011, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to mmerali Send a message via Skype™ to mmerali

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryhead View Post
For me the BIGGEST ISSUE is the music. Karaoke, Electronic drums, Guitar (real, not rockband) are essencial to have on a ship. Teens will flock to try the electronic drums because theyre so damn fun, and teen musicians can meet people through playing. There can be like a talent night or something where you get to play if you can. It would be a great way to break ice too because Its like getting your face out there and seeing everybody at once. A big decision for me is being able to play guitar, or my guitar, and sing, and drum on a ship because music is a huge componant of my life. so one suggestion is to add even just ONE complete set of instruments to each of the newer ships, or even just the MAgic and Dream. I think it would be unique and something that could be advertised as well. It would definitely end the tie between RCCL and CCL because CCL is usually better but they dont have music... ALSO, definitely try to start doing one theme night, maybe the last night of the cruise, like the Warehouse or dusk parties. Just do one that lasts ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT as like a final BIG SHEBANG. just some suggestions.
The music is actually pretty standard across all ships and lines. I can actually list exactly what is playing at the moment. Instruments are hard to maintain, and of course, teens are more likely to mess with them. I can't say I've met any teen musicians onboard (and if I have, they were either not memorable, or did not present themselves as such). I would not base a decision to take a cruise on your ability to advertise your own music. While music is a big component of your life, cruises are a good opportunity not only to relax, but get out of your comfort zone as well. Save the music for when you get back stateside and enjoy meeting new people and experiencing new things.

Yes, music and instruments would be a great thing to have, but from my experience, only a minority would actually take advantage of them - cost outweighs use and/or benefit.

As for the all night party, keep in mind that the hours teen directors work are enormous. Essentially what you are asking is that after a week of 10am - 2am hours, that they pull an all nighter right before a fresh group of people come on. And this doesn't include the time spent with logistics of the program, such as planning the events, preparing the daily flyers, meetings with executives, etc... A human can only do so much in the hours given.
CCL:
Carnivale (2/11/93)
Ecstasy (9/5/94)
Fantasy (2/20/00)
Fascination (8/26/00) (2/18/02)
Conquest (2/20/05)
Inspiration (8/18/07)
Liberty (3/15/08.)
Dream (3/3/12)
Sensation (8/19/12)
NCL:
Sea (2/22/03)