View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Perhaps he was trying to be in character?

I loved HMC but I was very off-put the island staff. I'm sure most/all of therm are ship staff who take on additional work on HMC. The main thing that got me was how little the staff now of what was where on the island.

We had trouble finding club HAL. Had we paid attention to the directions that were in the Club HAl directions, we would have been fine. Instead we got off the island and started walking. We looked at teh board signs which had Club Hal identified as being in an area that it wasn't. We kept following the legend on the map and there was nothing where the map said it would be. We walked to the ship. We asked at leat 6 different staff members for directions to Club Hal ~ no one knew where it was. Some just pointed us off in the wrong direction. We had too much stuff in tow, plus two kids, and the sun was beating down. We were miserable.

To me, there is no excuse for the island staff to know know where everything is. And if they dont' know, they should say they dont know rather than just guessing and send you off in the wrong direction. I found many of the island workers to be rude and/or indifferent which was VERY different from my experience on the ship.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991