Thread: Top Chef Canada
View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2011, 02:00 PM
Admiral

Default Top Chef Canada

Is anyone watching?

I'm a huge fan of Top Chef. I'm pleased to see how "similar" the Canadian version is with respect to set design, format, and music. Seems like Mark McKewan has taken a page out of Colichio's notebook.

But, (for those that are watching) doesn't it seem like there is something so distinctly Canadian about the show. I can't put my finger on it. It might be all the Canadian accents (cause you know, those of us in Ontario don't have accents!); or it could be the contstant swearing or censoring (it's like some of these chefs can't formulate a sentence without an expletive), or it could be the lack of productivity (why do so many of them just not finish on time? doesn't seem to happen on the American show) ..... or, I don't. Even ths dishes they cook, just seem sooooooo simple, like you would never think they would be the calibre of a top chef candidate.

It just seems to have that "filmed in Canada" stamp on it. I'm curious to see which of our more celebrated chefs take part in the challenges. Michael Bonancini is one of my favourites, and I saw him in a preview of the show. Can't wait to see which episode he's on.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Sponsored Links