Thread: Carnival Dream
View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:19 AM
Admiral

The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I just returned from an Eastern Itinerary, and even though we had 4200+ souls aboard,,,,we both LOVED the cruise, and the ship. I'd consider it a slightly larger, improved version of a "Conquest Class" vessel. For the entire cruise, we never felt any rocking, or movement at all! Yes, we did have relatively calm seas, but the ship is very well stabilized. Food was excellent, as well as service in the dining room. Entertainment was outstanding, with three new production shows. Some people were complaining about the young lady who sang in the atrium almost every night, but frankly, I thought she was very good! Lots and lots of loungers on multiple decks, so that if you don't have to be near the main pool, you'll have no problem finding an excellent lounger. Serenity area was nice too, but that did get crowded toward the end of the cruise, as more people found out about it. We got upgraded from our usual inside cabin, to a deluxe ocean view. It turned out to be an excellent cabin,,,oversized with two separate bathrooms, and a mini-tub.
Bottom line,,,,go aboard with a positive attitude,,,,do a bit of pre planning to avoid the big crowds going ashore just as soon as the ship is cleared,and waiting to come back at the last moment, and you're going to have a GREAT cruise!

"SKY"