View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2011, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
Last night, in my haste to get the dayís story done, I forgot to mention the one oddity in the check during the check in process; everyone was required to turn in their passports. As mentioned, as Iíd done this cruise on Princess just a few weeks back, I know on that sailing, everyone kept their passports. So, I know itís not done due to any particular law requiring it, so Iím assuming itís a Crystal Cruise Line policy. Itís not particularly consequential, but I will inquire later, simply because inquiring minds want to know.
Kuki, glad you are settling in and enjoying Crystal; I will be looking forward to each of your reports.

As for passports, Regent collects them on all itineraries, too. Many trips, depending on countries visited, they will give you a copy of your passport or your passport back to get stamped and then returned to reception. It makes it a lot easier to clear customs when they hold the passports. However, even on itineraries like Caribbean or Alaska, they still collect the passports.

"Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero"

Seven Seas Mariner - Bermuda - April 2016

Seven Seas Explorer - Med - October 2016