View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Oreodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreodog View Post
to all of you who are looking into the disney information. We are ages 68 & 74 and april 17-21 we will do our second disney cruise on the new dream.

i would like to present an idea.
usually we wait till we pass away to leave anything if at all to the grandchildren. Well, we decided to do a bit different. In 2007 we took 2 grandaughters on the wonnder and we were able to be witness to how they enjoyed the inheritance. Now it is 2011 and we have 1 son of all the kids who treats us as if we are alive...therefore........
we are taking the son, his wonderful wife and the 6 yr. Old grandchild on the dream and again we can witness their joy.

they are disney fans bigtime but never cruised and for a first cruise to go disney is like no other and we get to enjoy also. It is on our bucket lists to do the aquaduck and we shall. May be in pain the next day but.....we are going.

i encourage grandparents, who can, to seriously consider doing this. I will post pictures after the cruise but i already know.............this is one memory that will never ever be forgotton.:-d
update......

the cruise was everything i had hoped or dreamed it to be. Our grandaughter had half dollar eys, dropped jaw and that look only a child could have. (although had to laugh like mad as the 40 yr. Old daddy's face was a close second)

the ship was fantastic, the food? Awesome, the service? Oh we were treated so fine and our waiter fussed over our grandaughter so much.

i did the aquaduck...only once as it broke down on day 2 so added bonus......the captain said rather then a day at sea.....we got a second day at castaway cay!!!!!!!! How lucky.

everything, just everything was so wonderful on the dream and that chandelier in the lobby? Breathtaking. So much to do we could not do it all. I need a bit of time but will be downloading pics.

for anyone reading this...................spend the money and go. This cruise gave grandma and grandpa forever memories they shared in on.