View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Kuki, I'm very much enjoying your cruise blog. My family and I last cruised on the Symphony in March 2010, when we bounced (literally) all the way from LA to Sydney. We've enjoyed the terrific Symphony on three voyages; like you we love the food, service and friendliness everywhere onboard.

The coffee issue: Prior to its most recent remodel the Symphony did have a self-service coffee program in the center of the aft portion of the Lido Cafe's service line. Some "smart" designer deleted it on the remodel. Crystal is well aware of the problem and is working on a permanent fix (the sister ship, Serenity, still sports its self-service coffee station thankfully). As for a temporary fix: If you are an early riser, and unless the practice changed in the last year, there is an urn of self-service coffee (and decaf) on the port side of the Lido's beverage bar, along with some pastries and fruit, beginning around 5 or 530am (time is noted each day in "Reflections"). Once "early riser's" breakfast ends and the regular breakfast service begins, coffee is brought to you by the Lido deck stewards such as the wonderful Jon Jon.

Thanks for bringing us along on your voyage. Best regards, Chuck-