View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2011, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Talking Formal nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie77 View Post
Thank you for allowing us to view your lovely pictures hope, you can answer another question we are oly allowed one suitcase each on the airline we are travelling with so having to leave the dinner suit at home, we hope to be able to hire one with princess cruises would you say majority of people get dressed in dinner for the formal eveing or is it smart casual.
Well, my DW is a great packer so she always finds room for my tux and her formal gown. BUT we are in the minority. Most gents will wear a suit or sports coat and tie. Most ladies will wear a "party" dress or a nice pantsuit.

Last cruise, luggage was tight so I rented a tux from the ship, but took my vests and bow ties. That worked very well, the price was reasonable and the fit of the tux was OK. Gentlemen look so good in a tux, I think it would be fun for you to rent one. In fact it is even possible on some lines to rent ladies formal wear too.

Check out our trip report and pictures at Cruising to Alaska on HAL Zuiderdam to see our group on one Alaskan formal night.

Check out our trip report and pictures at Australia and Indonesia Cruise to see a few formal night pictures of us on our last cruise, me in my rented tux.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html