View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2011, 03:31 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Epic Studio Cabin vs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkbii View Post
Paul,

On this I don't agree with the idea that NCL Epic's Studios are cheaper than an average Inside Cabin on RCCL's Freedom Class ships. The Freedom Class is the most comparable to Epic and even with a single sup, Royal is still a cheaper option, with a larger cabin. I made this point on the "Epic Crossing" thread, however I should restate this. I believe the whole idea that a Studio on the Epic being a more cost effective choice, than other lines; is nothing but an Urban Myth.
gkbii,
Thank you for posting this comment. It just arose my curiosity, so I went online and searched myself. Here are my findings:

RCC
Ship: Freedom
Time: 2nd week of Nov 2011
Deck: 7
Cabin: Interior (No "connecting" room), but a cabin on other side of it.
Price: $1303.11

NCL
Ship: Epic
Time: 2nd week of Nov 2011
Deck: 11
Cabin: Studio (No "connecting" room), corner cabin, only one side neighbor.
Price: $1108.46

My findings make me feel like it's not that big of a difference, all depending on the features that best suite a person on each ship. Some people go for entertainment, others for space, others for food, others decor, etc.

In this comparison, RCC offers more space, a hair dryer, etc., for a little more money. So you get what you pay for. Personally, I'm in the NY Metro area so I get great entertainment here. I prefer the Sun for my Nov cruise, so a small cabin would be fine. But who's to say what kind of either I'll get. *shrug*

I still haven't decided which I'm going to do, but I do feel better informed. It's a particular risk either way.

Ciao!