Thread: Wine Package
View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2011, 09:15 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtlCruiseGal View Post
I got this off Trip Advisor, hope it helps:

"I just took a 4 day RCCL cruise. There are 3 wine packages. All alcohol has a mandatory tip of 15% which I have included in all prices. For 5 bottles the price is: Gold 129.95, Platinum 143.75and Diamond 157.55. ( I have seen a posting on Cruise Critic that RCCL has just changed their wine packages and increased the price.) i picked the Platinum as it had more reds. I was able to pick up a bottle at lunch in the dining room. By my calculation if you drank 5 bottles of Mondavi @ $36.80 X 5 = $184 versus the $143.75 I paid. 22% less. There were more expensive bottles and less expensive bottles so you should pay attention to the prices when you select your bottle at dinner. Prior to the cruise I took the wine list and looked up prices for what I could buy a bottle on-line then tried the most expensive ones to try on the ship.

A 16 oz budweiser is $5.69. A glass of wine is $7.47. The drink of the day is $9.49."
Thanks. Never thought to look to Trip Advisor for that ... considering how much I enjoy wine, I have a feeling I will get at least the platinum. 3n cruise, I like the idea of have a bottle each evening with dinner, and 2 more for whatever. My only thing is ... can you only get the bottles at one of the restaurants, or at any bar? Anyone know?

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.