View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Captain

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR View Post
If our zeal to rub our revenge in the faces of the world were to result in the release of the photos, those photos would be used by our enemies as a shrine for bin Laden, a rallying point for those who hate us. It would feed the vicious circle of hate and one-upsmanship that we should be trying to break.

And the release of photos would do nothing to help me remember 9/11. I was lucky that I didn't lose any family or friends, but one son was and still is a pilot for an airline based in Dallas. He lost comrades just as surely as the firefighters and the police did. Our other son was on his way to work in lower Manhattan, but stopped off at the NYU gym to work out. If he hadn't, who knows? And my wife was in an office building a block and a half from the White House, where the Shanksville plane may or may not have been headed (it was either there or the Capitol).

Most Americans have ties to 9/11, even if they're two or three degrees of separation away. Those who don't will still remember, and graphic death photos will do nothing to refresh memories that can never be dimmed.

Getting the job done in a workmanlike way and moving on to the next item on the agenda represents the best of who we are. Bombast and chest-thumping do not.
I believe that all Americans have ties to 9/11 no matter how many degrrees of seperation there are! It was an attack on America I dont understand your statement that some Americans dont have ties to 9/11.Some were affected more then others but we all have ties!As far as Bomast and chest-thumping go I would like to see the pictures for my self so why shouldnt we have the right to chose for are selfs.I also dont understand why people carry on with I could of been there I was a block and a half away. We all could of been there we all lost fellow Americans and we were all affected and we all have ties.It gets kind of old in this country when certain people try to tell you how to live your life dont read this book dont watch that move dont listen to that radio show dont look at that picture are freedoms are slowy being taken away!Pretty soon we will be a bunch of mindless drones doing what we are told and living are lives how were told to!Show the pictures !: