View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamboatman View Post
Kuki,

I have been following your cruise and am sorry about your Mom's illness, but am happy she seems to be on the mend. It is a terrible position to be in. I had a similar situation when I had just moved to Australia and my dad was ill. It just changes the entire experience from one of optimism to 'just get me through this'.

As for your cruise experience, the differences in perceptions from your cruise to mine (I sailed on the cruise just before - which you can read the eleven part series at http://www.thisismyyacht.com.) is why it is so important for folks to not read one review and think it represents what their, personal, cruise experience will be.

Your focus has been so much on the golf aspect of the cruise and, of course, has been colored by your "fun" having been curtailed. (What a trouper you have been! Bravo!) You also have been making comparisons to Princess, which really has me shaking my head at times. To be sure, my experience and my take on my first Crystal cruise has been significantly different and, of course, I had only one sea day. But this is your cruise and your experience.

Best of luck with your mom and safe journey home...whichever path you take.
Eric... Thanks for the comments. First of all "my assignment" was to cover the Crystal Golf Program, as you'll see in a couple of upcoming feature articles starting Monday). So, that's where my focus had to be.

I also attempted to describe the experience... what others might experience when/if they sail this ship.

My comparisons with Princess were to show the differences a reader could see in sailing a Premium Brand or a Luxury Brand. Then Premium Brand sailors would be a able to decide if it's worth the cost to step up to a Luxury Brand.

At Crystal's price point, they should obviously be significantly better than Princess.

I'll also be writing a full review of the ship later. I've been writing reviews of different lines for a decade now, on over 60 ships. In the luxury market I've previously sailed Seaborn, Siversea, Regent, and now Crystal, so have some experience in the Luxury market to draw from as well.