View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I do question some of what the poster experienced: I have read a couple reviews (on another site) about the cruise from L.A. to Vancouver which is the same crew and was the seek before the OP cruised. They gave a totally different account of the crew. We cruised the Pearl last year: with the exception of one night in the dining room we found the crew went above and beyond for us and our cruise a few months ago on the Spirit was probably (service wise) the best we have had in the past 20 years.

You can question my experience all you want, but it doesn't change the fact I experienced what I did. Some people just can't seem to accept when someone has a negative experience. It does happen you know. It's also quite common for two people on the same ship and cruise to have very different experiences. When you have a ship of 2000+ passengers experiences are going to vary, based on the persons interaction with various passengers and crew, and the person dining choices. Why some people have no problem accepting the glowing reviews, but when some constructive observations are pointed out they cry fowl is beyond me.

Personally I have sailed on something like 86 cruises on everything from Carnival to Silversea. As for NCL I've sailed on them since 1980 so I am very familiar with the line. I have enough experience to know when the crew is not up to par and service/food are mediocre. I don't have especially high expectations either. Having cruised so often I know what to expect and what a minimum standard should be. As I mentioned in the review nothing was horrible about this cruise, but nothing was particularly great either except the ports and spa. It certainly didn't leave me longing for another NCL cruise and for me there are cruise lines I feel offer a better overall value proposition. Again for me personally. I'm not speaking for others and if NCL is your line of choice then good for you.

I'll also add I just sailed on PEARL in November out of Miami and the experience was quite different, which is why I gave her a shot to Alaska.

Ernie