View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:34 PM
Familiar Face

Well Kuki it's like this. Had cruised on Carnival 5 times and our daughter-in-law talked me into trying out RCCL back in 2007. So we booked a 7 day from Galveston for about $250.00 per person more than if we had chosen Carnival for the same itinerary from Galveston on the Conquest. I really didn't see throughout the cruise why it was that much higher of a price. Because the basics were all the same. Also while on this cruise bad news from home was verbally reported to the ship to contact me. We never got the message from RCCL, when 2 of my family members at home at 2 different times on 2 different days tried to contact us onboard. The news was that my father had passed away. I found out by opening an email on the 6th day of the cruise that he passed 2 days before. With only 1 day left there was no port stop to fly home from, so had to wait till we got back to Galveston. I sent a letter to RCCL's president/CEO and all I got was a certificate for $100.00 off our next RCCL cruise which had an experation date of 180 days from receipt. I can get $100.00 off any cruise I want by just asking my travel agent. The other reason I have stuck to Carnival is I've had bad experiences but they always seemed to compensate us for them, even when they had no control of the situations. We're Platinum and heading for Milestone. Carnival all the way for us... Rick & Barb