View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by evademan View Post
I am planning a bachelor's party for my buddy and was wondering if a cruise ship was a good idea. I was thinking a 4 day trip to Ensenada from Long Beach on the Carnival Paradise.

I've never been on a cruise before so I have no idea what to expect. There would probably be about 8 of us. We are all in our late 20s and mostly single.

I'd imagine the guys would like to be spending their time boozing and partying so I'm not sure a cruise ship is the best place for those types of shenanigans.

Also, what is the demographic for these types of cruises? Are there any single young people or is it mostly families?
The 3 and 4 day cruises attract a younger demographic and can be bit more "active".

It really depends on what type of bachelor party you want. A cruise could be a good choice if you want to have some drinks, dance in the discos and just enjoy the groom's last few nights of freedom. However, the wild party type of bachelor party won't go over too well on a cruise ship. Over partying can result in security becoming involved and even having to leave the ship.

Also, with the enhancements in security it is getting harder and harder to get the donkey on board.

Take care and congrats to your buddy.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me