View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Admiral

Actually Verizon has a great international program for anyone traveling outside of the US and Canada. We utilized it last year for our cruise in Europe. Verizon sent me a seperate phone that was programed to work in the countries we were visiting and then I purchased a temporary international plan and then for the 10 days we were in Europe it costs barely little more than I would have normally paid for my usual US national plan. When I got back I canceled the international plan and sent the phone back to Verizon. My wife was able to call home to her parents daily to check on our daughter and we made some calls in Europe locally and it costs me maybe $20 total. The only point the Verizon people told me was that any calls that went through the ship's cell phone system would cost us $2.49 a minute additional, so we only turned the phone on while we were in port and we had unlimited phone usage in Europe for very little costs. I don't know if other cell carriers offer this service, but Verizon does and I loved it!

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13