View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhill View Post
I am sorry I dont understand.I dont know if she turned it off or not. I try not to get involed in the phone matters.So I guess what your saying is that if the phone was on while we were on the ship that we would of been charged for being connected to Princess cell service even tho the phone was not being used? What if we were sitting on the beach and the ship was anchored just off the beach where we could see her would it be The ships cell service or a land based cell service?And in my opion they should have something posted in the rooms on the ships about all this or maybe they do and we just missed it.
You wouldn't have a problem on land, as the land based cell towers would pick it.

On the ship, if the phone is left on, it "acts" just as it would on land, and look for service, even if you're not using the phone. It is "roaming" and you get charged International Roaming Rates (without touching the phone).

I know you were reading my Virtual cruise reports from the Sapphire Princess, so I'm surprised you missed that in my reports.

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE, the ships should publicize this in the "dailys"! And I said so.

On my last cruise on Crystal, once I heard my mother was ill, I had to leave the phone on. My bill for the few days was in the hundreds of dollars, but I had no choice.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/