View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2011, 10:56 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedMike View Post
UMMM, not unless things have changed very recently. In theory, formal night extends through the entire ship for the whole evening, not just in specific dining venues.

One night we had reservations for alternative dining, and we got confused and forgot it was formal night. When we got there, the maitre de reminded us, and offered to hold our reservations while we changed. We hustled back to the cabin, I hopped into my tux and DW into her formal gown, and got back up there in 20 minutes! The maitre d' smiled, and said, "Wow, I thought you would just go put on a tie!"

In the"old days" this was true but in the last 10 or more years it certainly isn't true on Princess any longer. The days of people dressing for the shows or lounges is long gone with even the formal attire not being mandatory in the dining rooms to some extent. People who dine in shorts or jeans & T shirt at the Horizon on a formal night are not barred from walking around the ship or attending any shows.
Now if they could only provide the same meals in the Horizon on formal nights it could end the discussions about dressing altogether.