View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2011, 04:15 PM
Familiar Face

Smile Need help with first Carnival cruise with 2 year old

Hello all, we've been on 4 RCCL cruises before, always happy and know what to expect. This winter I want to take the Jan 16 sailing of the Fascination going to Nassau and Key West leaving from Jacksonville. The big difference this time is we are going to bring our 2 year old daughter. Our 7 year old son has been on 2 cruises before, so I assume the kids programs will be similar. We were debating on even going because we did not want to be stuck caring for the little girl ALL the time. But from what I read on the Carnival site (and I could not read all of it due to site errors) it looks like Camp Carnival accepts 2 year olds and they do not have to be potty trained. This is quite a difference as with RCCL they have to be 3 and potty trained. So this allows us to have our whole family and still have quiet dinners. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

Other questions:
are the pools heated? In JAX it will be freezing, but it will warm up once we get to key west and the caribbean, right? Will the waterworks even be useable?

On RCCL, we always chose 1st seating, and took our son to the buffet to feed him and then dropped him off at adventure ocean and went straight to our dinner seating. Will this work on Carnival as well? We don't want to get stuck where we can't drop the kids off and miss our seating.

I am assuming we will get a room with a double bed and two trundles? Will a trundle hold me at 200lbs? Cause I sure can't put the 2 year old up there, she'll sleep with mama. Or, will a pack and play fit in the room, it sure would not on the Monarch. We are getting a cheap inside stateroom. Has always been adequate.

Thanks for the help and I appreciate any other help you guys can give me as well as Port JAX tips as we have never been there.

Sovereign of the Seas (Sept 2002)
Enchantment of the Seas (Sept 2003)
Monarch of the Seas (August 2009)
Monarch of the Seas (April 2011)
Enchantment of the Seas- Port Canaveral (May 2013)
Enchantment of the Seas - (April 2014)
Hope for a BIG ship in 2015! (heck with that, we'll take a small one for 2014!)
Sponsored Links