View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2011, 12:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

thx Norm... the flight was a 11:45am... customs came on the ship at 7am and thx to the idiots that seem to want their name called throughout the ship for immigration clearance, passengers were not permitted to disembark until 10:05am...

I had Air Canada send a message to their ground operator in San Diego that everyone was coming and the last person in our group was checked in and through the security check at 11:00am

I am just posting this info for anyone else looking for advice... you are better off booking flights after 2pm in San Diego to prevent the stress all 26 travellers in our group experienced. Better yet, stay an extra night... it is a beautiful city. The airport is VERY close... last year I couldn't find a cab after dropping off my rental car just off site from the airport and I walked to the cruise terminal in 45 mins

Immigration officials in California seem to dance to the beat of their own drum... On the Diamond Princess 2 years ago, I know 3 couples that had to wait 4 hours in hallways without food, water or bathrooms while they cleared immigration... there were so many people and it was so hot in the hallways, there were people passing out.