View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Familiar Face

Hi Captain and everyone else, thank you for your replies. Captain we sail on the 18th Aug 2011 from southampton to Venice and we live in Cheshire, England.

I doubt we will be using the ships tours service as we are more inclined to find our own way round. I did read that you have to hand over your passport when boarding the ship and do not get it back until the end of the cruise. is this right? is so what happends if you are late getting back to the ship or worse still miss it and have to fly to the next port to catch up with it, how would anyone do that without their passports? can you refuse to let them detain your passport for the duration of the holiday.

What happends if you are seated at dinner with people you don't like.is it better to put on a brave face and act like we are enjoying their company or can we ask to be moved? I think that's the thing i am most going to enjoy, meeting new people and having a good old natter at dinner but i would worry if I spotted someone from our table sitting somewhere else. how bad would that be
thanks again
pen x