View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Captain

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLFAN View Post
HI Gazelle2,

How was your Pride of America cruise in Hawaii? We are leaving July 2. any tips. Our major concern is excursions. Any deals on the islands without doing the ships excursions. Currently we are renting a car in Oahu and Maui. Should we rent in Kona, Kauai or Hilo? Any other helpful hints would be appreciated.
My wife and I just returned last April from a 14 day Hawaiin Cruise altho it was on tha Sapphire Prince. In my opion I would not rent a car in Kona everything is within walking distance of where the boat lets you off and there is a nice beach right there. I also think you would have to go to the airport to rent a car and thats a $30 cab ride.As far as Kauai theres a few shops buy the Pier we just went on a bus tour of the Island there was an
office just up the street Kauai was are least favorite Island not alot there. And in Hilo its is a pretty good walk from the pier to get anywhere but theres plenty of busses and cabs at the pier .We found pleny to do in Maui within walkind distance but it all depends on what you want.Make sure you get some Hawaiin shaved ice with ice cream in it its pretty good And in Maui if you need coffe or ice cream the Badass coffe company is just up the steet from the pier. Have fun on your cruise we had the time of are lives wish we were going take care.