View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2011, 01:50 AM
Familiar Face

Default Chair Hog Solution? What do you think?

Ok, so I've seen a lot of different ideas for different ways to prevent chair hogs from staking their claim at the crack of dawn and waiting until after lunch to actually use them. Check chairs out and charge them to the room, timers, etc.

I have to admit that I have been guilty of the crime myself. But before I walk the plank, let me explain that I set my towel, shoes, etc on a chair so that they are not soaked or kicked across the deck while I'm in the pool, and I spend more time in than out of the pool.

That said, I think I may have come up with a solution that would work for everyone:

Instead of just chairs on deck, why not put out twice that many pedestal-like end tables (something about the height and surface size of a TV tray)?

You could fit several in the same space that a lounge takes, and they would be perfect for holding a towel, book, sunscreen, etc. Then, instead of a time limit rule for the chairs make it a "bodies only rule". An easy rule to understand and to enforce! All the crew would have to do is regularly sweep the area and move anything that isn't breathing off the chairs and onto a nearby table!

Folks would still have a place to put their things, and the only thing stopping you from having a chair is if they're already legitimately in use!

What do you guys think?

Sponsored Links