View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Welcome Newcomer

RE: Sea Princess: I wish I had seen this before I took my daughter and grandson on this cruise on Monday May 30, 2011!!!!!! The norovirus was rampant!!!! My daughter got a mild case, I got a very severe case ending up with me being hospitalized on board and then presented with a bill for just under $2000.00!!! (which I am disputing). We were not informed of the virus until we sailed, never sent notification prior to sail date or offered the chance to postphone or cancel the trip even though they were aware of how serious the spread was. Had I known about the virus I NEVER would have exposed my family to such and environment. I planned this trip 7 months before, it was to mark a very special birthday. Our trip was ruined, ports missed due to this illness. There were numerous cases on board. I would ditto everything stated about the poor quality of food and service and lack of cleaniness on this ship. I had cruised Princess before and enjoyed it, I have also cruised Celebrity, Holland America, Cunard, Carnival and Azamara. This had to be the worse cruise I have ever taken. The hospital staff were very nice but the policy of charging someone for treatment to correct the situation that occurred after you infected them, ruined their long planned vacation and generally left them feeling weak and very disapointed in the lack of prior notification, needs to be addressed. I spoke to many passengers, some long time Princess cruisers, who stated that after this experience, it would be their last Princess cruise.