View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Familiar Face

Default Holland America food service

Hi, OK, I searched and searched and nothing came up, but I have a question.

We aren't exactly experienced cruisers. We went on a HAL cruise in 2009. We are going again in a few weeks

We were rather surprised when I didn't care for a soup in the MDR, that our server was actually hesitant to allow me another selection. He managed, but it was like he went into stealth mode to "score" it.

We had been on a Princess a few years before that, and it was pretty much all you can eat. When my husband didn't care for part of an entree, but loved the rest, they brought him as many as he wanted. We got to try all the apps, and all the desserts anytime

On the 2009 HAL, we also weren't happy with our choice of app in the Pinnacle Grill. I felt that they might toss me out if I asked for a substitute.

I know it's a monumental task to serve so many every day, but soup?

Has anyone else felt restricted in the dining room? One of the great pleasures of cruising is being able to try new foods without fear of ordering an expensive appetizer you hate.

I just don't want to embarrass myself again by asking for a substitution if my previous server was correct that you only get one of each course no matter what.

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links