View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeonix01 View Post
Indeed. When you look back at how much cruising has changed it's insane. The Nordic Prince and Song of America were huge ships until the Majesty of the Seas Came. Then Explorer, Liberty / Freedom, Oasis / Allure. They're insane now. How much bigger and wider can these things get?

I personally love the idea of bigger, newer and fancier. What are your thoughts?
DH and I sailed on the Song of America. It was his first cruise. No balconies, no special anything, but it was wonderful. Also, the only time we were invited to the Capt. table for dinner.

We are D+ now and have sailed on every type of ship RCL has. Our favourite are the Radiance class. The others are fine. I always vowed I wouldn't go on the Oasis class. I was invited to a Seminar on the Allure back in February so I broke down and went. My SIL was with me as DH didn't really want to go.

She and I had a good time. First time every for her and I to travel together without DH's. We enjoyed it and enjoyed the ship, but overall if was too big for us and we wouldn't do that class again.

Radiance and Solstice classes for us.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.