View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraLass View Post

SELECT DINING

XV11 - 6pm - 10pm . A massive £25pp supplement on our cruise of 7nights...I have read this figure can change depending on the length of the cruise.... We ate here one evening. Similar to Rhodes - attentive service , wonderful meals with amuse bouclé between of soup and a mango hot soup before sweet. No trouble booking a table, I booked on embarkation day and got the evening I want. But if left too late to book may have trouble. The Restaurant Manager always have a diary of which dress code evening is on which day so best to book early to get what you want, we like going on a semi-formal night, leaving formal nights to be enjoyed in the main dining room.

Food portions are smaller now, but this maybe fleet-wide since the new cruise season in April. The steaks which you can order separately at dinner for example were a few oz’s smaller than they used to be. The vegetables spooned onto plate pitiful - one or two roast potatoes, 2 croquette potatoes etc and then they move on. If you ask for more you will get more, and even double meal portions, The waiter will automatically give you bigger portions after the first night. I have read this is to cut out on waste.

I
Libralass./Sue V

I always enjoy the independent cruiser reports, and not that of a P&O employee. My Family and our nanny were on a P&O ship several years ago, and did not enjoy it. I