View Single Post
Old June 21st, 2011, 03:04 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifra1of2 View Post
The new smoking policy is way too restrictive. Yes, dh & I are smokers and have always booked a balcony cabin for that reason. Now it seems there will be no more relaxing with a glass of wine and a cigarette on the balcony.

We are not "spring chickens" and it would be difficult to leave our cabin to find an area to smoke every time we want to light up. Smokers usually want a cigarette first thing in the am and the urge doesn't go away at a certain time at night. I can just see dh & myself in our night clothes having to go somewhere out on deck if we have the urge. Would we don our bathrobes or have to get dressed to go? What if the weather is bad? The whole matter is ridiculous!

Cabin bans are understandable but restricting balcony smoking is just unacceptable. We will take our upcoming Nov Princess cruise and make it our farewell to Princess. We will be moving on to HAL.
I can understand that smokers mostly feel this way but what about the people sitting on their balconies trying to read & have to put up with the smoke all the time or the smelly rooms that lots of had to put up with because of heavy smokers the previous cruise? It's obvious that Princess made the decision based on the numerous requests of their customers and although there will be some perople like yourselves who switch cruise lines, their will be many more who have left in the past who will return since Princess will have just about the strictest smoking policy of the major cruise lines.
With the additional people moving over to HAL from Princess, it won't be long before they force the balcony smoking ban there also.