View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Admiral

"Good Morning" to R/D and all who follow! I'm glad the weather is finally starting to cooperate with the "season," Rollerdonna, if only for a brief period. I truly think that while you may well have additional cold snaps, etc., that Nova Scotia is finally on its way to summer. I certainly hope so.

Today's forecast here in upper East Tennessee predicts a high of 82 and a chance of thundershowers this afternoon; in short, a typical summer day here.

Received a call from Lowe's and they're delivering my new washer today between ten and one. Also, as far as I know, there'll be a backhoe here today to start digging up my front lawn.

It's been and will continue to be an expensive period but at least I'll hopefully solve two major problems, at least for my lifetime. I'm just chalking it up to the sometimes unexpected costs of home ownership. I'm at least so thankful that I'll be able to afford it. The next stage will be to rebuild the financial cushion necessary to prepare for whatever comes next and something assuredly will. I still need to replace about four shingles on my roof and I belief I have enough in my storage room for that. The heat pump is my major concern however. Hopefully I can get another year out of it which will me allow the time to accrue enough that my bank account will cover it which will preclude the necessity of dipping into what are rather meager savings. As I wrote yesterday, I consider myself quite blessed because in this area of the country, such expenses would be virtually unburdenable for so many homeowners. While the cost of living is nothing compared to the highly populated areas of the country, the wages are commensurate (which means in this case, low).

Hope everyone who is "under the weather" is feeling better today!

Now it's time to get to work making arrangements (re: removing stuff stacked on the dryer which will have to be removed prior to installation of the washer as well as of course the never-ending chores of housework. The men out there would really appreciate the efforts of their wives were they ever to have to alone themselves, maintain both the exterior and interior of their homes and that's an understatement.

Prayers for those still ailing and Blessings upon all of my wonderful Cruisemates continue and of course included is a special prayer for Luanne's Jim and all of our military heroes who are overseas putting their lives on the line on our behalf on a 24/7 basis.

Todd