View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Admiral

I will admit that I did not watch any of the procedings in this case but I have to say this.

I don't think all of the jurors knew that just because the prosecution had stated it was a death penalty case that if they had found her guilty of the murder charge they could have ended up not recommending the death penality. I was once called for jury duty for a death penalty case and it was pointed out to all of us prosective jurors that there would be a sperate time to figure if the penalty would be death or life in prison. That happens from a few days to a week after the verdict, depending on the judge, defense and prosecution team. I did not get picked for that case but did keep up with it as I was one of the last to be let go. And for all of us that either were chosen or those of us who were the last to be let go knowing that if the verdict was guilty of 1st degree murder it was important to know that we did not have to vote for death if it was something that we really could not do.

I would like to hear from all of the jurors but don't really care if I ever find out their names, that is not important but hearing why and how they decided the not guilty verdicts is and not just for me but I think also for prosecution teams. It can make only for better prepared cases, especially when the case is really all curcumstansial (sp) and no real hard evidence.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014