View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thank you all for your contributions about this subject, especially jondesu and depasqjj. I also received an almost identical postcard for this 8 day/7night complimentary cruise. My post card reply to phn # is 800-313-1263 which I've now called twice.

From my first conversation, I was told:
- the company is Packaged Vacation(believe out of Williamsburg VA) would be presenting
- up to a 90 min presentation would qualify for the certificate to cruise and fly
- Certificate utilization details:
- could NOT be used on major holidays
- up to 1 year to exercise it
- $49 fee upon exercise it that provides up to another year to use it
- believe travel had to be 90 days in advance
- Cruise details:
- for 2 with an Outside Cabin
- UP to or capped at $259/pp to cover taxes
- did NOT cover liner staff gratuities
- any Caribbean or Mexico tour
- Royal Caribbean, Carnival, or Celebrity lines
- booking done directly through these lines so same availability as everyone else
- Airfare details:
- any major continental USA airport
- UP to or capped at $49/pp to cover taxes

My wife and I were booked for the presentation today, but I decided for now to NOT go. I called the 800# again this AM, and ironically got the same booking Rep that I had the first time I called. She told me that my only means to inquire about the offer's details (and questions raised by this posting) would be after the presentation. The booking Rep sincerely believes in this offer's integrity (price and other details as I've described above) since her Mother used it. I asked about pymt and her mother used money orders (vs. safety of a disputing cr card); she did pay more to upgrade from an Outside cabin to a Balcony. I told her about this and other concerning postings I've found, and asked for her feedback. I will share any of her feedback.

Last edited by nc27407; July 9th, 2011 at 02:47 PM.