View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Admiral

Henry43,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
What online or offline games do you play to stimulate your mind ?

On line I play :Jeopardy ,Millionaire ,Chess ,Trivial Pursuit and Checkers

Offline I play scrabble and do crossword puzzles
I play duplicate bridge a couple nights a week. When I have time, I also do Sudoku, the daily Jumble puzzle, and the crossword puzzle in the newspaper if I get to it. I also enjoy logic puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, chess, Backgammon, checkers, Monopoly, Scrabble, Clue, Risk, Cribbage, Hearts, Whist, Spades, and many other games when I get a chance to play them, but I'm constrained by a lack of time and potential opponents. On the computer, I'm most apt to play Hearts, Spider, Freecell, and Solitaire.

Actually, I find that ballroom dancing is also very stimulating mentally, and this cuts a couple different ways.

>> For exhibitions, there's always the challenge of choreographing a routine so the steps come at places where they synchronize nicely with the nuances of the music -- for example, so that a ronde or a develope falls on a dramatic crescendo while a "patticake" grapevine falls on a light pitter-patter.

>> And when social dancing, we gents have the challenge of anticipating (that is, guessing) what other couples are likely to do and figuring out, in real time, which patterns will work in the available space on the dance floor while avoiding the likely paths of the other couples.

Either way, it's a mental challenge!

Norm.