View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Smile Adventure / Extreme Activity Suggestions?

Hi All!

I am going on a Freedom of the Seas trip to the Eastern Caribbean next week. I have never been before, but would be very interested in some active adventure-type activities - whether through the cruise line or through locals.

I was wondering if anyone had personal experience or suggestions for anything like this? I'm really open to new experiences, as long as they are fun! I am interested in almost anything, except for bungie jumping and sky diving ; ) I am going with a few others, so I could potentially bring folks with (or not!) if that opens any doors.

Our times in port are as follows:
18-Jul ~ Cococay, Bahamas ~ Arrive @ 7:00 AM ~ Depart @ 4:00 PM
20-Jul ~ Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas ~ Arrive @ 11:00 AM ~ Depart @ 7:00 PM
21-Jul ~ Philipsburg, St. Maarten ~ Arrive @ 8:00 AM ~ Depart @ 5:00 PM

I have already signed up for the multi-day PADI scuba diving certification course through the cruise line. I am looking at things like surfing (board or wind surfing) lessons, hourly moped/scooter rentals, strenuous hikes, cliff-diving, deep sea fishing, awesome out-of-the-way views, cool kayaking spots etc.

I am ALSO looking for great local hole-in-the-wall places for food. Or any local foods/drinks I should try while there. I am a huge fan of food and drink ; ) Just hope the metabolism holds up over the trip!!

Thank you for any insight!!
Sponsored Links