View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice View Post
Kat..I'll let you in on a little secret...he was always planning on watching the match..he just was waiting for you to ask him it is the patriotic duty of every red blooded American male to support our Women's World Cup team on Sunday..we have to do something to replace our football jones...funny that most American men (born and raised ) did not watch the Men's World Cup but we are trying to make up for it now

the USA has such a height advantage (but not speed)..I predict it will be a great match, USA will win on penalty kicks and Ms. Solo will sign an endorsement deal with an optical company

my neighbor's 9 year old daughter is the goalie for her soccer team and she is planning a big party for Sunday...I went online to try to buy an official team jersey for her and they cost more than an NFL Saints Reggie Bush SuperBowl jersey.. hate to see how much they will cost when the USA wins on Sunday

this is a big deal for young girls who play sports
Japan is really good this year. They play a possession game which is also the USA's style. It will be interesting to see which team holds the ball.

Japan is fast but USA has a real good fitness level. They played Brazil with 10 players into overtime and Brazil looked more tired at the end of that game. So if the game goes into overtime USA may have an advantage.

Japan biggest advantage is they aren't expected to win. Because of that they have nothing to lose, they can play all out with no pressure. USA is a world power in women's soccer so there is more pressure on them to win. They should not underestitmate how good Japan is because Japan's passing, ball control, speed, and set plays are excellent.

It's great to see a female sport that is accepted worldwide. The stands have been filled in Germany. That's a great thing for the sport.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994