View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Cruise mate wanted: England to NYC, Queen Mary 2, Aug 29 - Sept 5

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and to cruising in general. I will be on my first cruise soon, a transatlantic crossing on the Queen Mary 2 from Southampton to NYC on August 29 to September 5. I've booked a cabin for myself, a twin room, and I'm looking for someone to share the cabin and the costs with, male/female, young/old. To make things clear, I am not looking for anything romantic or any funny stuff like that. I'm on this cruise primarily for the transport, and secondarily for the food and time to lounge.

To make things more clear, I've been traveling for the last 11 months by land and sea only. I left South Korea September 2010 and originally intended to get to western Europe by land, which I have presently done (check out the map of my route here). I'm not satisfied though, and feel like jumping on a plane home to the States would be cheating and far too easy. Hence, the cruise.

The price I've paid is 1500 USD for the room on my own, the cheapest I could get, so an interior cabin with no view, I presume. To add another person, the cost would be 1600 USD in total, the increase being due to the additional fees and taxes. I'm looking to split this cost evenly, 800 USD per person. If anyone is interested in joining me, please email directly at cyphecks {at} yahoo {dot} com. I ask you to email me directly because I plan on posting lots of messages on lots of forums, so I may not be able to monitor all responses too often.

Please feel free to email me with any more questions about the cruise, or about me. For a short summary of myself, I'm a 28 year-old American male, and I plan to spend my time on the boat reading, napping, writing, and eating. For a little more information and photos, please take a look at my CouchSurfing profile.

Also, I have a related question: what's the best way to deal with payments? I've already paid for the cruise, but if I were to get a cruise mate, should I set up some sort of escrow account? PayPal transfer? I could provide my confirmed booking receipt to validate my end of the bargain, but I don't think I'd be so willing to just expect a stranger to show up at the port with cash.

Thanks,
Ethan
Sponsored Links