View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2011, 12:02 PM
Admiral

Are all Tea Party members racist? Of course not.
Are some of them racist? Certainly.
Is a higher percentage of them racist than the general population? Logic would say probably (extremist views generally, combined with demographics), but this is nearly impossible to prove.

But that's a side issue at this point.

What the Tea Party is for sure is a minority group that has hijacked the House of Representatives by putting their fingers in their ears, closing their eyes and holding their breath. They are not leaders and they are not followers. They are juveniles. . .they are willing to scuttle the economy and the nation in favor of an ideal. . .they are arithmetic deniers. . .they are the classic example of "I know what I think, don't bother me with the facts."

This is not to say that the two major parties are without blame. They have both acted irresponsibly and outrageously when it comes to the budget. And in doing so they have relinquished the field to those whose ideals trump any trace of good sense, analysis and reason. The two major parties gave birth to this extremism, and now the nation is suffering the consequences.

It is long past time for the grownups in both parties--and there are some--to take the keys away from the children, start acting responsibly, and get this nation back on course.