View Single Post
  #11 (permalink)  
Old August 2nd, 2011, 09:23 PM
OldFartCruiser's Avatar
OldFartCruiser OldFartCruiser is offline
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ship's Balcony
Posts: 247

Originally Posted by Rev22:17 View Post
OF C'er,
Also, in eastern Massachusetts, a "milkshake" contains only milk and syrup. If you add ice cream to it, it's called a "frappe" (pronounced "frap").


A frappe is milk, syrup & ice cream all mix together. Milk and syrup mixed w/ a scoop of ice cream on top is a float.

I was a soda jerk in Boston when I was a teen (lost teen job) back when drug stores had soda fountains.

OF C'er
Reply With Quote