View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Admiral

Having escaped from the Ryndam last week we have vowed not to bother with HAL again, and a large part of that decision is down to the terrible food & service in the "fare included" eateries.

Closing the MDR every other lunchtime so that everyone had to either pay to eat in Pinnacle or join the very long queues in the Lido self service - sorry but just where are my automatic gratuities for waiter service going

We did look at Pinnacle a few times, but could not convince ourselves that the food in there would be much better than low quality being thrown out in the MDR. We did talk to two ladies who said that the food was much better, but then added that it wasn't very difficult to be much better

When we did eat in the MDT, the food was warm at best, undercooked, low quality, unappealing, and when I asked for extra vegetables, the waiter delivered my meal, pointed at the vegetables & said "extra vegetables" - errr I had less than my wife

On another day the waiter knocked a full glass of water over me, he was quite quick in mopping the table up, but never even utterred an apology seeming to be more concerned that no-one saw what had happened.

I want to see Gordon Ramsay go on board & record a new program called HAL's Kitchen where the loser each day gets evicted from the ship - what out on days at sea

Alan

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey