Thread: Rain on cruise
View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Rainy day in Costa Rica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artrina View Post
One of my favorite Caribbean beach memories is of a rainy day. I can't remember which island it was, but, we tendered, then took a little local boat to the beach. I was with my late husband, his daughter and her husband. We put our stuff under a tree (didn't take the good cameras) and spent the rest of the day laughing. We practically had the beach to ourselves! The bar owner let us have lounge chairs and gave us a break on the food and rum punch - of which we were drinking many We swam, talked and had a really great time - it never rained too hard, just a fairly steady mist.
We had a similar experience in Costa Rica in 1987. The ship excursion took us to a beach near Limon after the requisite visit to a banana plantation. On arrival at the beach, it was raining a steady light drizzle. Most on the bus just sat there and complained about it. Finally, I said to my DH, let's go! We got off and proceeded to park ourselves on the beach (we were going to get wet anyway). Finally, one by one the others came off the bus. We had a wonderful day in the water and enjoyed a BBQ lunch with musical entertainment. The ship staff thanked us profusely for getting the guests off the bus and onto the beach, or it would have been a bust!