View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

I would like to leave out of a port on the east coast that's close enough for me to drive to so that I wouldn't have to pay a small fortune on airfare. We live in Georgia so I'm looking to leave out anywhere in Florida or as far north as Baltimore. Flying into New York or Boston would run me in the neighborhood of $700 to $1000 right now. I'd rather drive it and just stop overnight at a hotel along the way if I have to.

I guess one of my main concerns is safety in the ports that we would stop in. Especially since it would just be me and my daughter. We won't have a large budget so we wouldn't be doing a lot of shopping or sightseeing. But I would love to go for at least 7 days so that we have time to explore the ship and try out the restaurants and entertainment. The pools really don't matter to us since neither one of us are big into sunbathing. I like the shade!

I was reading on one of NCL's that at their private island they have parasailing. That's something that my daughter and I would both like to do. I didn't know if any of the other cruiselines offer that at their islands. My daughter is wanting to go to the Carribean or Bahamas. I would love to go to Alaska but I'll do that one a few years down the line.

My daughter is shy so she's not going to be looking for other teens to hang out with. She'd be content just hanging with me. June is when we want to go because she graduates May 25th and my birthday is June 9th. Hoping to be on a cruise on my birthday.