View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Family Reunion Cruise... where to start?

My family has our reunion every year with the yearly "host" duties alternating between the nine cousins. The next time I host will be our 20th year and we've been chatting about doing a cruise for the special anniversary.

I am very excited about the big years responsibilities falling on me and I am the type who will happily spend endless hours on the details to make sure everything runs as smoothly (and as fun!) as possible and do it all with a smile on my face. The details are my favorite part, I would much rather get this organized myself rather than deal with a travel agent... my problem is, where do I start?

We will have between 19-23 adults (21 and older) and 11 children (ages 3-14) so we will require a fair number of cabins... current thought is Bahamas... either early August or Thanksgiving weekend... 3, 4, or 6 nights (probably 4)... departure port isn't terribly important as we will all be flying in...

I don't need specifics ATM as I have a couple of years to figure the whole thing out, but where can I start looking for group discounts and such? Right now what I'm after is a good approximate price on 9 - 12 cabins so we can figure out if it's worth getting to work on.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Sponsored Links