View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
There also needs to be realistic tax increases across the board. No matter if you are making $30,000 or $30,000,000. We are demanding more without wanting to pay for it. I have been an advocate of a flat tax for many years. Would this be the answer? I don't know but it would be better than the current system.

Take care,
Mike
The problem with income taxes today is that half the population don't pay any income tax; in fact, the Earned Income Credit has been expanded so much that many get paid by the government just to have kids they have no desire to support. Until everyone has "skin in the game," we won't be able to agree on proper tax reform.

I think this thread is still pulling Alabama through the mud. Can we get thread renamed or move the discussion to some other thread.

Marc

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14